Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My New Obsession

I've never had much luck with Craigslist...I never found anything I liked and if I did, it was usually gone by the time I found it. Well, a couple weeks ago, a group of 6 girls (including me) went to a DIY conference in Atlanta and my obsession with painted furniture began when I was introduced to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I had heard of it before, but had no clue what it was or why it was such a big deal. Well, now I know, and now I want to paint EVERYTHING. In the past 4 days, I have spent many hours on Craigslist and have purchased 2 dressers and a dining room hutch. I have plans to paint one of the dressers and the hutch. The other dresser is going to my aunt so she can paint it for her daughter. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. I knew someone would want it, even if I painted it myself and resold it. Oh yeah, about the painting. I have never done it before, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew by starting with these large pieces. But go big or go home, right? Right?! So now I need paint color advice and any other ASCP advice, if you have used it before and have any tips for me.


The hutch (isn't she pretty??) will go in my dining room (I hope it fits!). I only paid $80 for her and she is heavy and well made!! But I need color suggestions--my dining table is dark brown, my dining room is a dark greenish/blue color with white molding. I am at a loss when it comes to finding a color that would work.


This was the first dresser I found. My aunt is going to take this one. Paid $50 and it's in great condition, just needs to be painted.


I found this dresser last and my hubby went and picked it up last night at 9:30, but for $50, I couldn't pass it up! It is very heavy and has dovetail joints and everything. I am thinking of painting it a dark blue/navy and getting some new hardware to go in Logan's room.

So, my garage looks like a used furniture store but I am excited to work on these projects (inside, of course; this 100 degree Texas weather and I do not get along) and use some of the knowledge I learned at the Haven Conference! Wish me luck and please give my advice/tips/motivation along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment